Choosing cool and soothing colors for your home can be a herculean task, as there is a wide range of colors to choose from.
When it comes to remodeling a house, one of the most important aspects is painting. Any shade of paint can change the complete look of a room as a color has an ability to change a drab and boring room into a stunning one. Many people prefer to paint their homes in serene colors as it relaxes the mind. There are many hues of colors to choose from that match the atmosphere of a room.
Bedrooms: A bedroom is a place for relaxation, a place where you come back from a hectic day at work and ease your tired limbs. Hence you must choose an appropriate color that will make the environment of your bedroom tranquil and ensure that you get a peaceful sleep and good night’s rest. Here are some suggestions on calming colors for a bedroom that you can use.
- Blue is one of the most calming colors that will help soothe your senses. There are many hues of blues but pale shade of robin’s egg blue is the appropriate color for a bedroom.
- Another soothing color for the bedroom is lilac or lavender. From ancient times, inhaling the scent of lavender is known to induce sleep. Choose muted tones of purple, lilac or lavender for painting your bedroom.
- Green is an ideal choice when it comes to selecting a color for the bedroom. This color not only gives the room a soothing appearance but also adds a refreshing appeal to it.
- Another popular choice of bedroom color is yellow. Though yellow is mostly considered a warm color, the correct shade of this color like buttery yellow or a warm honey hue can be suitable for a bedroom.
- Neutral or pastel colors are also considered as an option as they give the room a cozy appearance. Remember to choose subtle colors instead of stark colors to create the perfect ambiance for your bedroom.
Living Room: The living room is an important room in every house. You can also create a dramatic look in your living room by painting it in different shades of paint. Given below are some recommendations for interior painting of your living room. You can also go through these ideas and select the ones that you find appropriate shade for your home.
- While painting a living room, you must take into consideration the furniture. Choose an appropriate color that complements the furniture of the room. If you have dark-colored furniture then opt for pale, soothing living room colors.
- Try painting the living room in monochromatic theme, like using variations of a single color. You can use different shades of lavender as it is one of the most suitable colors for all rooms, since they have a soothing effect.
- Use a tint of just one color for painting the living room. You can lighten up your paint color by adding white to it.
- Use natural colors like green, blue and pale pink as paint colors for living room to add a refreshing and soothing effect.
Bathrooms: The bathroom is a sanctuary to retreat and relax from the chaos of the world. You must choose the right color palette to create a spa like environ in your bathroom. Follow these tips for choosing colors for your bathroom;
- Choose soothing hues like green, blue and periwinkle purple to make your bathroom feel cozy.
- You can also choose a sophisticated and neutral color like cream or taupe to provide a refreshing yet soothing feel.
- There is also a wide variety of pastel shades like grays, lavenders and pink that can be used as bathroom colors. Make sure you have the proper lights to provide a relaxing effect.
These were some tips for choosing paint colors. Before you paint the walls of the room, always paint a small portion of the wall to check how it looks. If you are satisfied with the result, you can go ahead with the task, or else you can always try other combinations. Whatever color you choose, make sure that it serves its purpose and brightens up the atmosphere of the room. Happy painting!Tags: bedroom wall, boring room, calming colors, charming design, color interior, correct shade, decor design, egg blue, herculean task, hues of blues, interior decor, living room decoration, pale shade, pastel colors, peaceful sleep, remodeling a house, scent of lavender, soothing colors, warm honey
Category: Interior Designs
There are no comments yet. Why not be the first to speak your mind.